Hi all,

I would like to find out more information on a peculiar thing that I have.

SOme 5 years ago, I developed two round and fatty lumps under my armpits. I have no idea what they are.  Some massage therapists who have seen it said it occurs in some people, usually a lump under just one armpit. But  I was the first person they saw who had two identical lumps...

I have tried exercising, doing tricep workouts, massaging with anti-cellulite creams, went for traditional massage therapies.. you name it.. and it is still there. The tissue in the area feels no pain when pinched very hard and is glandular in nature.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? OR does anyone have this thing?

I have the same thing...I look around on the internet...I've searched for like months and months. I think mine started when I was going through puberty, but as I've gained weight they have gotten bigger. They don't really hurt, but they are VERY unsightly. I can't wear any kind of sleeveless tops. I've seen stuff online saying that it could be axillary breast tissue or accessory breast or something to do with the axilla tail...but I'm not sure if this is my case because 1. mine does not change in size when I go through my cycles and 2. i rarely feel any kind of pain or tenderness that most people who have axillary breasts feel. (I felt it once or twice but I think it's because i keep poking at it and squeezing it until it gets bruised). I know that there's a lot of fat there because I can feel it. I have a pretty muscular body despite being very overweight and my fat is usually kind of solid. The fat under my armpits however are very loose and 'grandular' I guess is how you worded it. It feels like little marbles or bbs under my skin that I can pull apart and giggles a lot and looks like cellulite or something. I wish I had an answer to what it was and whether it could go away without surgery or whatever. The good news is that I've recently lose about 35 lbs and it's decreased a lot but I'm scared that there might be loose skin there because it looks so fat and hideous. This is pretty much the first post I've made regarding this issue, it's mostly been me scouring the internet looking for answers but I'm glad to get this off my chest. Let me know if you find any answers, I think eventually I will go to the doctor's and get this tested. If I do find the answer to what exactly this lump is, I'm going to make posts about it for anyone else suffering the same issue as me but is too scared to talk about it on the internet. 

I am so glad you answered.. this post has been hanging around a long time but no answer... I'm kinda wondering if anyone else has this

Your body type sounds like mine... I have broad shoulders... am pretty muscular for a gal... but I am technically VERY overweight and I don't lose weight easily I just replace fat with muscle if I work out and yeah my fat is the hard sort... except for the two funny lumps.

I think the lumps tend to decrease when I lose overall body fat... ( which is damn seldom) ... there is no pain in them lumps... and several massage therapists say they have seen people with the lumps but usually one at a time.. it is unslightly so I don't wear sleeveless but at least they are balanced in appearance.. I keep wondering if it is some kinda breast tissue cos I have something like axillary breasts but they are not that visible... just a slight bump.. however.. the two fatty bumps is hanging from the tricep area... so if it is beast tissue how does it flow all the way to the arm???

People have suggested cosmetic surgery.. but I have not opted for it.. cos I kinda believe... if there is nothing wrong, dun mess around with it... also I am not a big believer in conventional medicine...

Everything you're saying I can relate with (this is the same person who posted before, btw). I think it could be auxillary breast tissue combined with fat...maybe you can find a picture over the internet to compare what yours looks like.