(lacking the ability to sweat)

Running without being able to break a sweat is indeed dangerous, is it not?

(Regardless of physiological reasons contributing to the condition of anhidrosis)

I would think your body would overheat within minutes.

Is this a hypothetical or have you or someone you know been diagnosed with this condition? From what I googled up, it seems like it can be life-threatening in a worst-case scenario.

Actually, the last time I ran, I didn't break a sweat at all--even though it was mid 60's, full sun and I was wearing a long sleeve dri-fit.

I ended up having to walk a lot--it just wasn't a good run.

I know what it is stemming from and there is just no easy fix currently.

While yes it can be a very dangerous condition, i don't see why it should stop your running. just may have to modify to drastically change some habits.

can you run early AM? there is a company called MISTY MATE that you can get some really cool stuff from

lots of ice water during a run and maybe even having to Gallo-session. Indoor tracks, treadmills or even aqua jogging??

obvious things to avoid, late day-mid day runs. be hydrated, cool water is best. might also consider post run cold showers, damper on the love life, but improvement on life. also reccomended anyway to reduce inflamation after a workout.

I almost wish I had this problem. I am Super Sweater... :umno: All running gear (including my jacket) gets worn once and then washed.