What do you do when you’re sick? I mean, do you train or just wait until you get better? I must say that I can’t wait until I’m completely healed. I just make a pause for a day or two, that is when I feel very bad, and as soon as my temperature drops and I can breathe I’m up on my feet and ready to run. My mother always criticizes me about this, but I can’t explain her that I don’t want to lose my routine.

Come on, man! You’re exaggerating! Of course you have to wait until you’re completely fine, because you can permanently damage your health if you continue doing what you do. Even if you think that doesn’t have any consequences, you’re wrong because sometimes the results of such a behavior appear years later and I guess you don’t want to end up with some chronic lung disease and have difficulties with breathing. So, when you’re sick and still persist with training, you additionally exhaust your body and your immunity weakens. So, don’t train when you’re sick. Besides, do you think that training under such circumstances can have any positive effects? How much can you improve your performance when you train and can hardly breathe?

I think it depends on how sick you are. Sometimes you wake up with a slight cough or runny/stuffy nose. That's not that big of a deal, but yeah if you are coughing your lung out, then definitely take some time and get better.

Sometimes is better to wait day or two, rather than make things worse.

I would definitely wait until it's over. It is important to get some rest, drink a lot of fluids, stuff yourself with fruit, eat as little as possible junk food and avoid smoking.

Once the illness is over, you can go back to running. You won't miss anything for a few days!

I too have been upset about having to wait when you get sick. I am no doctor but I'm pretty sure you will only cause harm to yourself by pushing your luck like that! I knew a guy that would not stop working or training when he was sick and it ended with some serious heart issues later on in life... now he can not run at all.

I have heard that a general rule to seeing if you are too ill to run is to check your resting heart rate. If it is faster than usual then it could be a sign that your body is fighting infection.

Having said that, I always find that at the tail end of a cold a quick short run does a great job of clearing the lungs and making you feel better!

..........
Joke Article - Running Fashion Fix

Actually when I'm feeling bad, sick or not in good condition...I take a rest...I can't run in that condition...To have good run your body and mind must in proper condition...:D

definitely depends how sick you are. If you have food poisoning then duh you can't do anything. But if you just have the common cold or a cough then I think it is ok. I love to get a good sweat going when I am not feeling well. I feel like it gets all the bad stuff out. Thats just me though!

It definitely depens how sick I'm. Beause I'm seldom sick more than two days, I return to running the third or fourth day. If I pause more I feel like I'm missing something. But I tend to be a little bit obsessed.