I have scar tissue from an episiotomy during the birth of my daughter in May. I was wondering if there are procedures to remove the scar tissue. I have tried massaging this couple of months but this hasn't eased the pain. Is that Fenton procedure helpful?

I think that Fenton procedure is common procedure for scar tissue from an episiotomy that hasn't healed satisfactorily. I know the cases where incisions over-repair themselves, leaving a raised area within the vagina that can become sore and cause pain during intercourse. During this procedure, the scar tissue is cut out and then the edges of the new incision are placed together and re-stitched.

I'm getting a fentons repair in a few weeks I have a slight raised lump of scar tissue the stitch itself is very neat however I am constantly aching whenever I exercise or even sit on a hard chair also when I am on my period is feels very heavy and I sometimes get shooting pains I am hoping that the fentons helps personly and my gp agrees I think there is a trapped nerve, I no the procedure mite not work It could make it worse however I feel at 23 if I dnt try to fix the problem my future sex life and everyday life really will be affected I am no longer with my sons dad as we grew apart, (maybe lack of sex) and me being so Ill after a 3 day labour forceps n episiotomy also loosing 2 pints of blood :( hope the surgery helps.