Hi, my daughter is behaving very different than other children her age. She loves spinning around and jumping and these activities seem to calm her down. When she dresses, she has to do it in an exact way that she determines. Sometimes she wants to eat the same kind of food for several days. What could be the reason for this kind of her behavior? A friend mentioned sensory integration dysfunction. What is it?

Hi, your child might be suffering from sensory integration dysfunction. By definition this is inability of the brain to correctly process information brought in by the senses. It may be a symptom of another illness or it can be a condition by itself. Sensory integration dysfunction is curable. You should take your child to a licensed therapist. He will prescribe a sensory diet and the right medicine for your child. I hope your daughter will get better soon.