Hi, I noticed that a physical illness can sometimes be caused by severe obsessions. My cousin is so obsessed with diseases and illnesses, that he provokes the physical symptoms. When he believed that he had a damaged nerve, his hand was really hurting him. Is this happening to anyone else?

Hi, my mother suffers from anxiety. I noticed that she has seizures when she’s obsessed by black thoughts and pessimism. That usually lasts couple of hours, and is always followed by strong headaches. Her severe obsessions are causing physical illness, just like you said. She tried using painkillers for headaches, but this was not a good solution, because the pain is only a symptom, and the underlying cause are severe obsessions. They should be treated, and once they’re cured, the headaches will not appear again. That’s why my mother changed her treatment, and now she’s taking zofolt for obsessions. I really hope it will help her, because it’s very difficult for her to cope with both anxiety and pain.