I've also had this a few times and I thought it was an allergic reaction, but it's not, this time I did more research and all my symptoms seem to be related to anxiety

I also would make it worse but worrying about it

I also thought that maybe I had lung cancer because the breathing pains but my aunt who is a nurse said it happens commonly with anxiety

Dr. Yogesh D
General & Family Physician
Ask me a Question »
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : Good evening.
User : Hello
Doctor : How can I help you?
User : Doctor i am feeling heaviness in my chest since a few days, along with pain in shoulder, and some wierd tingliness in left side of my tongue
User : i am thinking the right kind of doctor to go to for a check-up
Doctor : Can you confirm your age?
User : 31
Doctor : Do you have history of palpitation, sweating, tremors, breathing difficulty associated with this symptom?
User : nothing like that
Doctor : Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid problems in the past?
User : no
Doctor : Ok
Doctor : Let me explain to you.
User : such symptoms do they point towards something in particular
Doctor : Your symptoms can be explained by 3 medical conditions
Doctor : 1. Heart problem
User : ok
Doctor : 2. Indigestion
User : and
Doctor : 3. Anxiety neurosis.
User : ok
Doctor : According to your description, the most likely possible cause to your symptom is Anxiety.
Doctor : Indigestion can be contributing to your symptom.
Doctor : It is very, very unlikely that it could be an heart related complaint.
Doctor : In order to confirm this, you may visit a general physician.
Doctor : He may suggest you to take ECG test.
User : and any particular tests that can help determine the problems
Doctor : As I mentioned ECG test may be necessary, if you persist to have pain.
Doctor : Along with this, pulse and blood pressure examination is needed.
Doctor : The test will then decide on the future course of treatment.
User : as for anxiety neurosis how does one determine it
Doctor : Let me suggest you few measure that will help you in the meantime.
User : and that any general physiscian shd be able to do
Doctor : Anxiety neurosis is a diagnosis of exclusion.
User : ok
Doctor : If doctor rules out both the condition by physical examination and test, then anxiety will be the appropriate diagnosis then.
Doctor : Based on my earlier experience,
Doctor : your symptoms seem more to be secondary to anxiety.
Doctor : Hence anxiety control measures will have to be followed in the meantime.
Doctor : Those measures are
Doctor : 1. Good and regular sleep.
Doctor : 2. Regular diet.
Doctor : 3. Antacid syrup such as Syp Mucaine gel one teaspoon thrice a day half an hour before a meal for 2 weeks
Doctor : 4. Deep breathing exercises as you get up early in the morning and when ever you get these symptoms
Doctor : 5. Cap Nervijen - one capsule a day for a week
Doctor : 6. Physical exercises, yoga and transcendental meditation.
Doctor : Have you followed what I have suggested?
User : yes
Doctor : Do you have any other query?
User : but i wanted to know i am kind of continously feeling like this for pat 4-5 days
User : could be an emergency also..do i need to consult the doc immediately
Doctor : Your description does not sound like an emergency to me and so do not worry.
Doctor : You should be feeling better in a few days.
User : ok
Doctor : Consult a general physician near your location for physical examination.
User : Thanks
Doctor : My pleasure.
User : one more question
Doctor : Do you have any other query?
User : in some hospitals they say general medicine....that is same as general physisican
Doctor : Yes, internal medicine or general medicine doctor is same as general physician.
Doctor : Do you have any other query?
User : ok
User : no that should be good
Doctor : Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor : Have a nice day!!
Doctor : Bye for now.

This happened to me today, did you find out what it was?

Hi I do have these issues. Today is the worst for me

I do... I had an Echo done...turns out one of my valves are smaller than what it should be...this causes poor circulation which can make your feet and hands get cold...mine turn blue sometimes...and then I have to rub them and do exercises to get my blood pumping...

I am 30 year old. I am having chest pain for 6 months . I had my ECG chest X Ray but all come out fine. But every time I am going to sleep I am having fast heart beat . But today I am having pain in arm and tightness in tongue teath nose face and chest....is it only anxiety or heart problem

I have mytrovalve prolapse syndrome where the valve between top & bottom chamber does not close properly and allows blood to flow backwards. I get dizzy when I stand suddenly and have to sit down to regain my balance. I kept walking one time when I got dizzy and I collapsed on the floor and had a simulated seizure where my arms and legs trembled for about 1 or 2 minutes then I was fine. This was due to not enough blood getting to my brain. You just have to sit back down when you get dizzy. I also have pain in ties and fingers when I get too cold and that is again circulation problems.

That sucks.... Ive been having all these symptoms rare and short. These symptoms have been happening 2 days now....

You should look up Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia. It sounds like you have some of the main symptoms of it