I am a 28 yr. old female, in relatively "decent" health (not much for working out, but not obese and no serious medical conditions). I have noticed a very sharp pain in my chest at very specific times. I feel it when I am parallel parking my car and I think it has to do with cranking the wheel (no power steering) and the "stress" of fitting into the tight space. Hurts for just a few seconds, and then it's gone. I also feel it sometimes when driving, when I get angry. I have major "road rage" issues and when I get especially excited while driving I get the sharp twinge in my chest. This could all be stress related, as I tend to let anxiety get the better of me. Just looking for other opinions.

The only other "symptom" I tend to get is a recurring dizziness that lasts for 1-2 seconds. This happens at random times, not necessarily at the same time I feel the chest pain. I have had the dizziness since I was a very young child. Around 1st grade-age I would get extremely dizzy 2-3 times a year, at which point I would be taken to the nurses station where they always took my temperature to find it very high - 104 or 103. There are heart problems in my family on both my mother's side and my father's. Even though I am young, I'm starting to think I should get this checked out. Any ideas?

Hey, I'm a 17 year old male also in good shape and I can say I've experienced pains like you describe there. Mine are quite high in the chest - about the same height as the heart but the pain always seems to be in the same place: just to the left of my heart (feels like it's in my lung). It's very sharp and accurate pain and it immediately makes me stop and I have to breathe out to stop it. I have tested and found that if I keep my breathing very minimal and slight during the pain then it goes away after about 15seconds, and if I try to breathe in deeply then the pain is back immediately. Some relatives I spoke to say that it's the intercostal muscles in the ribs (theyre not doctors though); they are the muscles that are betweent the ribs. Apparently one of these muscles will cramp for a bit, and then subside. I haven't found a way to stop it happening, but it is infrequent and only maybe once a month will it happen. It doesn't happen to me when i'm angry though :-P
For you - you say there's a history of heart problems in your family? I would get it looked at if I were you, because the sooner you find out if there's a problem then the sooner you can address it. Maybe it's high cholesterol or blood pressure or something, so when your stress levels get high your heart is pumping hard and something just cramps or whatever, I dunno.