Hi all.. Ok here is my problem.... I have been having Sharp nagging aching pain right under my sternum after I eat or drink anything first thing in the morning....It feels like a gas pain at first then just gets stronger and stronger until I am on my knees in pain and have to do breathing becuase it takes my beath away .. It lasts about 2-5 minutes and then goes away.. I am pregnant at the moment and seems to bother me worse when I am.. I have had the pain before when I was not pregnant so I know it cant be that... and went to the hospital thinking it was labor with my first child.. They had no idea what would cause this.. said it was NOT pregnancy related.... It does not ONLY come in the morning.. It can happen anytime of the day but seems to happen more often in the AM...
Any ideas???
Thank you so much,
~ Wonderwoman591 :$

? Hey Wonderwoman, did you ever find out what the problem was? I have had that same come & go pain for a few years already. I've had upper GI scopes, gallbladder ultra sound, heart tests and all kinds of OVC anti acids. Nothing has turned up. I've also noted that when I am walking for any distance or pushing myself it seems to cause a fullness feeling up under as well. Thanks for any info.

i go through this same thing! except all the time. i have had blood work x rays and ultrasounds as well and no doctor can figure out whats wrong and i want so badly to make it go away. i get attacks too where im on the floor bawling because the pain is so bad.

I finally kept complaining to my doctor till he sent me in for a "nuclear catscan" the shoot you with a radioactive dye and keep shooting pics to follow it thru your system. they told me that your gallbadder is supposed to ungilate to push gaul out into your intestines to help with digestion. Mine was not, it would manufacture it and just get enlarged to the point it would cause pain till it dumped out. Probably why my BM's were so irratic. So I had surgury, they sucked it out and I have been feeling better, no sturnum ripping out of my rib cage feeling. Good luck, I hope this helped.

one glass of water every morning before meal and you do not need any surgery.

I beg to differ. I drink a ton of water every day and still suffer from the same sharp pains.

this sounds EXACTLY like what I have . I'm having an attack tonight and haven't had one in 1 and a half. Thanx for info, hope it helpswhen I see my Dr.

Did you have any diarrhea with this problem? I have the same but with more symptoms, like the diarrhea which has lasted almost 3 years now. I was thinking IBS, but…………. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.!!!