Over the years I've been experiencing lower abdominal pains which can be very severe to the point where it hurts to move and also these sparp shooting.pains in my rectum area that last up to a minute, has anyone else experience this?

You didn’t say if you’re a male or female – there are some conditions such as ovarian cysts that could cause the pain similar to what you’re experiencing. Do you have any problems with your bowel movements, such as constipation? Also, depending on your age, the cause for the pain might be some problem with your small or large intestine (colon), and there are several conditions such as bladder infection or kidney stones that can cause sharp lower abdominal pain that radiates toward rectum area. Also, since you say the problem was happening for years, did you ever try any treatment or talked to your doctor about it?

Wish you all the best,

Nicole 

I'm a female and I never questioned my doctor.about this issue because it only happens about 2-3 times through the whole year