My coffee intake varies daily. Some days I drink one cup and sometimes I may drink 2 to 3 cups. Also, I may add two or three shots of expresso.

Although, I am minimizing my intake of coffee to one cup a day, I was recently informed that excessive coffee drinking can cause impotence in men. Is this true?

Yes, drinking a lot of coffee can lead to impotence. However, it's mostly a current thing. If you drink a lot of coffee now, you may have impotence. If you stop drinking a lot of coffee, most of the time the vitality returns. Sticking to one cup sounds like a good idea. :-)

Coffee is one of the most common drinks, but it definitely does have big effects on the way the body works, especially when you drink it in larger amounts and for longer period of time. So, it’s always a good idea to try to minimize your coffee intake, despite its stimulant properties and the habit. It’s well researched what effects coffee has it increases your heart rate, makes your blood pressure bit higher and reduces fatigue.

Still, there is no definite answer as to does coffee causes impotence. It probably is true that it might cause temporary impotence, when you drink large amounts, but this is reversible once you cut down the coffee intake. But, there are no reports that it might cause permanent impotence.