:( Hi i'm wondering if anyone can help or has experienced my issues. for 7 years now ive had severe nausea in the mornings, ive tried to see a doctor but its hard to talk about without gagging ( which i think i have made psychological - my fault) very rarely have i actually vomited. however recently, last week or two, i have experienced headaches and pains around my sinus areas. also the last two evening ive had blackish brown mucus from my nose, which i intend to get checked out as was admitted to a&e with severe sinusitis 7 years ago, when my gagging started. was wondering if you know if the two could be connected. this is the the first time i have exprienced sinus problems since however the constant gagging has always been there making it hard to eat first thing and even brush teeth. i just want the gagging to stopand hopefully knowing if it could be a sinus problem or not could help. im 25, i do smoke.

hey janiney,

i think your problem is part psychological and part physical. it sounds like you have a pretty sensitive gag reflex but what may contribute is perhaps you swallow a fair ammount of muccose and drainage from your sinuses when you sleep and that can cause nausea. do you have any conditions which would compramise your immune system. do you get sick easily. the black muccose could be from smoking but it also could be a fungal infection.

thanks

hi

I have asthma but thats it, and its quite mild now compared to when i was younger. i lay completely flat when asleep and ive heard this could be why the mucus is slipping down my throat? i tend to catch colds quite easily but other than that i generally quite well. other than seeing a doctor, do you know of any tips that could help? thanks for your reply :-P

as of right now i dont have much advice other than seeing if you have some sort of a fungal infection in your siuses. also try and blow your nose to try and clear all the muccose you can out before you go to bed. also if possible try sleeping in a little more of an upright fashion.