Hey, I have one really big concern.

I had some fancy lunch today. One of these girls that I know has a dog and he really lost a lot of his fur.

When I asked her what has happened she was really unpleasant.

She told me that I am pretty silly because I have a dog and I haven’t learn anything about them.

She told me that every dog will start to lose his fur in some period of his life.

I want to know why dogs lose fur. What are the causes and prevention options?

I want to prevent this to happen my dog.

Tnx a lot!

Hello. I don’t agree that every dog has to lose his fur in some stage of his life. I have a senior dog and since now he didn’t lost his fur. So I disagree with your “friend”. There are so many causes why dog can lose his fur, from allergies to parasites.  Allergies are frequent trigger for hair loss in dogs. Dogs are allergic to fleas and mites and that can cause it. Flea bites are behind a lot of dog’s allergies. Well along with hair loss from licking and even biting that area that is irritated signs of flea allergies can inside redness and itching.

Good day.

It is not true. Dogs usually lose their fur because they are sick. One of the most common cause of alopecia is mange.

It is caused by mite Demodex.

Hair loss in dogs can also occurs when there is some disruption in the growth of hair follicles. It usually can be caused because of some infection, trauma and immune disease.

Now when you are reading this you can notice which dogs are losing their fur.

So of course that there is way to prevent it.

You can prevent it with some products on the market, you can prevent it by feeding your dog right.

Hello everyone. I have experience with it. My dog almost lost all his fur. I was totally sure that this is normal, just like your friend told you. But it is not. My dog started to lose his fur after we moved to another house. When we moved there, some other dog attacked him. After that he was really under the stress and he started to lose his fur. When he attacked him he hurts him and my little friend got an infection. Those two reasons were the main causes why my dog started to lose his fur. That happened three months ago and my dog is still recovering from it.

Hello. Yes Guest. That are just some of the reason. But I am still surprised that someone can believe that all dogs when they are getting older are losing their fur. Because that is insane. Alopecia can be really bad. But there is no particular age or sex predisposition to the development of this disease. Of course, some dog breeds do seem at increased risk for certain kinds of alopecia such are Doberman pinschers, Boxers, Bulldogs, Airedale terriers, Pomeranian, Chow chow, Keeshond and Miniature poodle. In this group are Samoyed, Siberian husky and Alaskan malamute. But causes are parasites, infection, stress, allergies and hormonal disbalance.

Hey there.

Unfortunately there are so many diseases and conditions which really can cause a dog to lose hair and fur. And definitely that is not because your dog is getting older and because this is normal. Well, it is not normal.

Some reasons can be considered as normal while other can indicate to some serious disease.

Most of the conditions which result in fur loss can be common and some of them can be really rare.

My friend’s dog had Acral licking dermatitis. Tnx God it is not that serious but it is manifested with redness, itchiness, etc.

She needs to find the cause of this.

Hey everyone. My oldest dog is losing his fur right now. It started two weeks ago. He is not infected, he is healthy. I went to see my vet immediately and he saw nothing that I should be worried about. He told me that he might started to lose his fur because of the changes in the water. It is nothing that significant, I saw that when I was bathing him. I don’t see that he is under some stress so I really don’t believe that this is the reason. I know that calcium is good for bones but my old friend Sasha told me that I should give calcium in food to him in this case. I hope that this will help us :)