Hi, I have a strange mole on my shoulder that keeps changing. I went to dermatologist three days ago, and he knew when he saw it that it was a skin cancer. I am waiting for some results and a final diagnose, and I’m very scared. You would really help me with some advices and information about my disease.

Hi, I was diagnosed with skin cancer last year. I think I know why it happened to me. Since I was 15 years old, I spent every single summer surfing and basking in the sun from 8 AM to 6 PM. Now I am thirty years old, and I realize what I have done. I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma, which is the most common type. Fortunately, I went to doctor as soon as I noticed a small, dome-shaped bump on my skin. At the time, I didn’t know it was a cancer, but I heard the warnings many time, so I decided to go. A dermatologist told me which treatments are available, and he recommended me curettage and desiccation. Beside this one, there are surgical excision, cryosurgery and Mohs micrographic surgery.