i have dry skin , ihave tried more than way to mosturize it and i had fail . plzzzzz tell me what to do? %-)

First off, make sure that you keep yourself hydrated.

Secondly, don't shower too often. I know, people think yuck. Showering washes the oils off of your skin. Use a soap designed for dry skin and don't use really hot water.

Hope that helps.

Do go for any cream and cosmetics, Just try to wash to your skin or face all the time, It will help with your problem.

Try to check your lifestyle or diet. If you smoke, it's one of the reasons you have dry skin. Eating unhealthy food can also cause dry skin.

Are you oil dry or water dry, which is common in dry climates, often mistaken for dry skin and usually referred to as 'dehydrated.' If you live in a humid or not too dry climate, Sodium Hyaluronate or Hyaluronic Acid is an awesome ingredient to treat both oil dry and dehydrated skin. It is already present in you're body and can hold thousands of times it's own weight in water. It pulls moisture from the air and binds it to your skin. Lactic Acid can also help with dry skin by gently breaking up any gently removing dead skin cells which in turn will allow better product penetration too.

Make sure you are nor using harsh cleansers that remove all the oil and strip your skin!

There are several other great hydrating/moisturizing ingredients. What kind of climate are you in and do you know what kind of dryness you're experiencing?

Hi Cristin, I think that this information is very helpful and it could really help me because I have pretty dry skin. Do you know of any lotions that happen to have these compounds in them? I think it would help me out to know. Thanks!

This will sound weird, but i use straight up olive oil, right out of the bottle. I don't glob it on but i pour a little in my hands and smooth it over my legs and arms and anyplace else that needs a drink. I have been doing this for about 6 months now and my skin is as smooth as a baby's little butt. After i shave my legs and put the olive oil on, my legs feel like glass and they shine so pretty. I don't put it on my face or any sensitive areas just in case i should ever react to it. But so far so good, for me anyway.
My husband says that we need some tomatoes and a head of lettuce and i would be the yummiest salad he ever ate o.O

Bluedog - there are a ton of products out there that could help you. Can I mention specific brands on the site? I can't remember....lol. Shoot me a message and I would be happy to make some recommendations. :-D

As for the olive oil, there is a company that makes a fantastic olive oil 'pre' face wash that is simply amazing for any skin type, even acne prone skin, because it removes the 'yuck'! They also make a great olive oil moisturizer. I would personally be too afraid to put straight olive oil on my face, but that is just my skin-fanatic quirkiness coming out! I don't see anything wrong with it it all!

Oh no, i don't use the olive oil on my face at all. I am afraid that it may clog up my pores and cause break outs. I have been using it "straight up" and it seems to have made a hugh difference. I use it probably twice a week.

I have really really dry skin aswell, And I found what works for me is Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer! And I've tried EVERYTHING! :-) and that seems to work!

Clean and Clear? Seriously? Doesn't that contain Benzoyl Peroxide, a drying agent?? Amazing!! :-) Would you mind telling me some ingredients? I guess I could just look it up!

It looks like I can reveal brand names! If anyone is looking for skincare, I have a $20 gift certificate for that I can forward to anyone, or I can just list the promo code. I swear I don't work for them! There is no minimum purchase so I just bought a $30 product for $10. Yippy!!

Ah I forgot to sign in, this is pcristin ;-)

I can't believe I missed this thread but yeah I think that you can mention brands on the site without any problems. I don't think that's against the terms of use as far as I know. I have been looking around but I haven't found anything that's too satisfying. If you can, Let me know! THanks :)

Dry skin? its natural moisture loss or because of using too many cleansers or skin cares...

May i suggest that you try the natural way? use olive oil mixed w/ a pinch of salt...rub it on your skin lavishly...leave it on for 15 mins...rinse off with lukewarm water...

You may also try using milk as substitute for soap...full cream or fresh milk is great...leave it on your skin for about 15 mins then rinse off with lukewarm water...use milk lotion lavishly afterwards...

and most importantly, drink lots and lots of water..it keeps your skin hydrated and restores moisture...Don't forget sunblock too.. :-D

Hi
I am also having the dry skin ,i know its not easy to maintain dry skin.For this i usually used high protein moisturize and avoid soap.
Drink lots of water is the best solution.

Daily you can drink at least five glasses of water a day because water keep your skin well healthy.Eat good quality food rich in fruits and vegetables. When you can go for sleep you can do massage your face with home-made nourishing lotion.