Every time I get out of the shower and I moisturize my legs and my body and I dry a different product, I ask myself, will it help this time?!? 

My skin is so dry and flaky during winter time, my legs are so bad it almost hurts. I think I have done every possible thing in the book, even quit shaving my legs during winter because they say that can contribute to dry skin. To no avail. Nothing seems to help. 

Is there anyone who has any more suggestions? Do I need to see a doctor now? Could it be a skin illness or something?

I had dry legs before, but I found some things that help. First off, I tried honey, which I saw recommended somewhere, and it did help quite a bit. I still love using honey the best! You just put it on your legs for a while and then get in the shower. I also heard that yogurt can help hydrate your skin, oh, and coconut oil too. All you need to do is apply it to your legs before bed, and then wash it off in the morning.  A 10 minute avocado mask is another option. Finally, this might sound weird but you can also use oatmeal for dry legs. Put the oatmeal in your bath, then bathe in it for a while. Those are some tips I know. Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Celebrity

Hmm... You sound rather concerned for someone who just has "dry skin" on their legs. Have you Googled skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, which are not normally known for appearing on the legs but can? I would if I were you, and see if your skin looks like the photos you turn up. If you don't want to do that, you could certainly also simply head to your family doctor for a checkup, and they will easily be able to recognize common skin conditions if something like that is going on. 

Tell me, is this only in winter, or has it just shown up this winter and that has led you to conclude it is a winter problem?

Rosie

If you have too dry skin you are probably shaving your legs. So you could put a lot of body milk on it. After washing of course, like you said, but if it is still dry after you put lotion you can put some coconut oil on, put a lot and let it soak in so the skin can absorb it and your skin will be better hydrated that way. You can also do peeling for legs so you get the dead skin cells off, which will give you much better appearance. When you take the dry skin off it will be much easier for your skin to absorb your lotion as well.

Hello, I'm new here. I don't have dry legs but I have some tips! Olive oil really moisturizes it a lot. You can put a cloth in milk, then put it on your dry ares, for 5 to 10 min. I heard you can smear honey around the dry areas, then wash it off. I think you should try it, but I don't know if it works myself.  I know that if you use Aloe Vera it works, because my friend tried it. I remember you can use, Avocado for you dry legs. Good luck, I hope you can fix your dry legs problem!

This is a good question, especially considering that dry legs are such a very common problem in women. Yep, as other posters said, a great part of that is related to routinely shaving the legs. (Sorry, I'm not giving up shaving my legs! Just no!) Yet, while there are lots and lots of different face creams out there, for all different skin types and issues, it seems that few creams specifically cater to dry skin on the legs. That's a shame. They should!

I like "this works" skin deep dry leg oil (that's a brand and yes they use all small letters, look it up). This cream is not cheap but it does work. I do agree regular exfoliation is also important to countering the problem of dry skin on the legs though.