Alright... a bunch of optimism here I guess but I'm slowly prepping for spring. My legs look terrible right now. I admit to not even keeping up with shaving much this winter, LOL, and 'cause I've got tattoos I can really see how dry and flaky the skin has become. If I moisturize, I usually only put cream on the areas where my tattoos are :). So yeah, I figure I'll need a decent exfoliator to get myself spring ready. Any tips perhaps? What do you consider to be the best exfoliating creams for the legs and which affordable ones would you recommend?

What you want is called a body scrub :). Many people the like Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief body scrub with spearmint and eucalyptus. The good thing about this scrub is that it is actually quite oily, so you are adding moisture and scrubbing at the same time. It's not often that you find both that and the soothing minty ingredients in a body scrub. You may also like to try out Origins Incredible Incredible Spreadable Smoothing Salt body scrub. That one is salt based and pretty heavy duty.

Thanks, any idea if this Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief body scrub is available in the UK? I tried googling it but it came up with American websites. I've used products with mint in them before and they are quite soothing. I like the idea of a salt scrub too. Anyway, the thought of adding moisture at the same time as scrubbing does appeal to me as like I said my skin's really very dry at the mo. If anyone else got any other tips, bring them right on, LOL, especially if you know brands that are definitely available in the UK, hopefully at like an actual shop.

These body scrubs should be for sale in the United Kingdom: 

• Liz Earle Energising Body Scrub: Comes in a plastic tube, smells of geranium and damask rose. 
  • The Sanctuary Body Scrub, with orange and patchouli, comes in a plastic tube. 
  • No 7 Total Renewal Microdermabrasion Body Exfoliator, again a plastic tube, said to be best for dry skin. 
  • Lush You Snap The Whip, which is a solid bar that looks a bit like soap. 
  • The Body Shop Mango Scrub, comes in a jar. 

I know I personally prefer the tubes because I can keep them in the shower without fearing something will either fall down and break or just disintegrate in the case of the soap bar. 

Can always rely on you to come up with not just a single suggestion but a whole list of different stuff, AND tailored to what's available where I am too. Thanks a lot, PINK! I hadn't even thought about jars vs tubes really. Jars look kinda fancy and I like that, but you're right about the falling potential, LOL. I've heard of the Sanctuary before. Covent Garden, right? Like the thought of that mango scrub too, hahahaha, despite the jar. I'll be checking these out, so cheers for that list.

Hey,

I don't know whether this might be of interest to you, but I personally like it a lot. You can make your own exfoliator for your legs and body by mixing equal parts sugar and olive oil. You have both the exfoliating and the moisturizing parts taken care of that way, and what's more, you probably have these ingredients around already. It's cheap, natural, works very well, and you can make just as much as you need to last you one scrub, so you don't have to worry about your exfoliator going off.

Thanks, I do appreciate the reply and I know that some folks on this board make their own scrubs and stuff all the time. I don't mind doing that, as long as it's simple and I don't have to buy special stuff to make it all happen... your mixture seems to fit the bill. Yeah, I like cheap stuff if I can avoid the expensive stuff, 'cause I'd rather spend money on things you can really see... mind you my legs are so dry right now that I'm considering a splurge this time. Still, that olive oil and sugar stuff can't harm, right?

Hi, I had huge problems with continuing ingrown hairs on my legs, from shaving of course, until I heard about an incredibly simple exfoliating routine. It is so simple it is embarrassing, but I will post it because it has really helped me. It's just plain salt, table salt, which I mix with a little body lotion and use to scrub my legs. I also altered my shaving routine by making sure I shave in the shower as the water runs, with shaving cream, and by changing my razors often. Hope that helps!

Celebrity

Hey people, I just recently started using this DIY leg scrub made with nothing but extra virgin coconut oil and sugar. It works really well as a general scrub that will freshen up your legs, but the place where I got this idea detailed using it as a shaving scrub and that is awesome too. I really prefer to stick to ingredients I already have around the house when possible, and I love coconut oil for cooking too, so this is working out very nicely for me. After shaving, my legs feel hydrated and smoother than ever! I thought it might help someone else too. 

Rosie