Hi. I`m 36 yo F. My skin is splitting on fingers and don`t know what to do. I work a lot with water and think that is the cause of my problem. I was using some petroleum products but still nothing. My fingers look terrible. Is there anybody with experience who could tell me more about skin splitting problem?

Hi. My skin is also splitting on fingers, especially during the winter. Cold weather and cold water means death to your hands. My skin is very sensitive and dry and I believe me I know it. Water simply washes away the protective oils of the skin, so you have to moisturize it. Are you working with cold water? Try warm (not hot). Use a mild moisturizing body wash, and moisturizing creams.

I use to have the same problem with the splitting skin on my hands.I found that foot works cracked heel cream worked.you can buy cracked heel cream at walmart or rite aide.

Vitamin E oil at CVS is pretty good and cheap...also put it on before you go to bed EVERY night. Soaks in the best when you arent using your hands.

My mother has this problem. Went to heaps of doctors and tried all sorts of topical creams and ointments. I found vitamin C helps improve blood circulation and told her to chomp on 3 a day. Problem went away.

Usually it is from a sensitivity to food or chemical. Cut out coffee for two weeks, or dairy, or wheat, even chocolate, and see if skin starts to heal nicely. Then add back in to the diet. If starts to split then you have identified the offending item.