Hi, Im 17 years old and for the past week skin has peeled from the tips of my fingers and thumbs downwards and is getting worse. I have seen my doctor a few days ago and he said just to leave it and it should go. But is has got worse and i dont know what to do. I am eating properly and carrying on as normal but i am too embarassed to leave the house.

Any ideas???

why not use proactive or some skin products that can help. :-) :-D

You've got eczema mate...I've got the same thing...happens when you've got sensitive skin and you're allergic to something you put on your hands like soap or shaving cream etc...This started for me when I was about 17 and happens now about once a year (im now 26)...usually when its cold as well...

Best way to treat it is go to doc and get a cream, maybe try tricortone. Also try to work out what your allergic to and avoid it. It seems from yeas of trial and error I'm allergic to shaving cream although other detergents can also set it off. Now I just wear rubber gloves in the shower and when I'm shaving and I'm as good as gold!

I am 26 too and i have the same thing. My hands were falling apart recently and tried everything i could. It was so painful i couldnt tie my shoes. I went to docors, wasted money on cream that didnt do squat. I treid a dermatologist and he Should have tested me for everything that i am allergic to but didnt. I found out on my own that i cant eat OATS. supposedly it is bad for people who have excema. I loved the stuff, ate it every morning and that is what was peeling my skin apart. Finally stopped eating it and my skin is growing back. I suggest stop what you eat on a regualr basis and go get tested for what your allergic to. Good luck, i feel the pain. Vitamin E oil all the way