I am 59. I had a Lifestyle Lift on May 14, 2012. All went well.  I was wondering how long will the chipmunk cheeks last? How long will the cheeks feel hard to the touch? I realize it has only been 4 days since the procedure but the swelling has seemed to come down some. Like I mentioned, I was just wondering when I can expect the my face to start to look normal again, softer not so pulled across the lower cheek area due to swelling and hardness. This I also realize is still due to the swelling.  I have been icing religiously. I have no lumps or bumps just chipmunk cheeks...lol

I had the tightening of the neck and jowl work done. I was also told that small amount of liposuction was done to illiminate the jowls. Is the liposuction the reason the cheeks are hard to the touch? Of course I don't expect to go any where looking like this. There is a graduation I would like to attend in one month from now. Is that too soon to expect a reasonable reduction in the chipmunk cheeks? Hopefully I won't have to wait too long before I gradually start looking like myself again.

I am lucky in that I do tend to heal quickly with any surgery. ( Had spleen removed Feb 2011 )( Tummy Tuck in Sept. 2005 ) I also seem to have a high tolerance for pain so I have not suffered unduly from any pain from surgery.

Thank you in advance for any feedback I receive that will be helpful.

Are you happy with the Lifestyle Lift? I am searching for either a Lifestyle or something similar. How long did it take to heal? 

I had the Lifestyle lift on 3/21. I get lots of compliments, which is good because I am suffering the 'blues'. I still have swelling, allbeit not a lot. Mainly at the ears and under the chin. I have no bruising, but didn't have any to begin with. The scabbing/pulling behind the ears is annoying, if that is my worst complaint, I really don't have one, eh? I have tried to go back to work twice and have been sent home because after just a couple of hours my face/neck begin to swell back up. I am told I look amazing ;) I also had the lower lids done with laser (eyes only). That area is still very pink and I look like I have been punched. I will be so glad to be back to some sort of normal. It was not explained that the recovery would be this long, so with that I am disappointed.

Would you do the face lift again now that you have experienced the problems you mentioned? I have been considering a lifestyle lift but of course, I want to hear from REAL people.