I just recently had unprotected sex with a guy 4 days ago, now I have a burning sensation when I pee, the area is slightly red and painful. I have had a yeast infection before and I think that is what it is. Can I get a yeast infection after having unprotected sex? I'm scared, I have never had a STD before and don't know what to do. :'( :'(

It's been nearly 10 days since you posted. . .are you feeling better yet? Seems like I have gotten a yeast infection after sex before. If it was a yeast infection, you've probably realized it by now and treated it.

With me, my initial herpes outbreak wasn't just burning during urination. . .it was incredible pain. I also had a fever, fatigue, and pain. I don't really remember any blisters or bumps but I probably had a few.

Genital herpes is not a death sentence. I was diagnosed 13 or 14 years ago, I only had one subsequent outbreak (mild) which was 1 year after the initial outbreak. I've had partners for five and ten years and never spread it to them.