Hi, I have problem with constipation lately. I guess may dietary habits are very bad, since I don’t eat regularly and prefer fast food. My stool is small and hard, causing strained defecation. What can I do to overcome the problem?

Hi, I also suffer from 'straining at stool' i.e. painful and difficult defecation. My doctor describes it as obstructed defecation. Obstructed defecation is result of inability to relax the anal sphincter and pelvic floor muscles while sitting on the toilet and having the need to defecate. I had some very sharp pains in my abdomen and rectum, and obstructed defecation. The pain can have origin in many diseases like piles and fissures, which occur most commonly and are the less threatening. But, it can also be a symptom of some severe conditions like colon cancer, so it need’s to be checked at GP.

Try Fleet Mineral Oil Enemas once a week for a month or so that should soften things up and loosen any built up poop in your colon or intestines.

Also avoid cheese,bread,pasta,for a while (thats what caused my constipation I got enemas for YEARS due to poor eating!!Eat lots of soft food ,jello,fruit,etc.