My Anus is basically swollen shut, I can feel that I have to go to the bathroom, but then when I try nothing is able to come out. My abdominal is now all blowded and painful, and I fear this is going to cause serious damage. I was hoping the swelling would just go away on its own but it hasn't. And I don't see any reason for it to be there. I took a laxitive to allow the stool to move past the swelling easier, but all that did was cause the worst pain of my life, I thought I was going to throw up and pass out at the same time... and it still didn't help me pass a movement.

omg i got the same effing thing! its nothing like constipation... you dont even feel like you got to go! but in reality you have to! my stomach is fricken killing me everytime i eat... im only 15 and my butt hole is swollen shut wtf?!?!

i also took ex-lax and alls i manage to do was push REALLY fricken hard and some diharrea came out.. but after that i havent been able to since (been 5 days now) is there a cream i can put in my butt or something lol -.-...

hi i want to know what's the causes of anus infection in the side...please help me i am worried because it's swollen the side of my anus.........helppppppppppppppppppp me plssssssssssss

Jon, 22, Male
I have the same problem, My rectum is completely swollen shut .. It's very hard to pass gas at times and theres been periods of time that I haven't been able to take a dump for 3-5 days.. When I do go tho its very hard to pass and sometimes my stool is so rock hard that its actually caused me to get a fissure and when a softer stool it stings with the fissures split open. This has been going on for a while now and i'm scared to death, I havent been to the doctors cause im affraid that'll be colon cancer or something along the lines ..
If anyone can give me some info and help it'd be very much appericiated.

Hans, male, 28

Hi, I had the same thing a couple of months back. anus went all swollen and it was excruciating to take a dump. the pain was unimaginable. i took 3 weeks for it so subside. what i did was to increase my water intake and fiber intake ( fruits & veg )

it seemed to do the trick. i've read that it could be due to Hemorrhoids. Main thing is to get exercise, drink lots of water and eat more fruits & veg. if the inflammation persists or bleeding persists then see your doctor asap.

how did u cure it?

Hi Mona-Lisa

have you solve the problem, if you have please tell us :'(

Hello All,

I just an ultra sound a fews that showed bilateral sacroiliitis one of the symptoms is swollen buttocks. I also have colitis which causes the part hard and then soft stools. With all the straining I started having fissures earlier this year. My gastro prescibed lidicane jelly and at first it didnt help much but then I learned to apply it before I even think about having to go and it blocks the pain for like 4 hours. (be warned it stings for a few seconds) I use Prep h which helps the hard parts to come out. Recently I started taking COD Liver oil gel tabs 2-3 times a day and it helps keep things smooth. I also found that if you are having a hard time going it helps to soak in warm water as warm as you can stand it (before and after) this helps to sooth things down there. It also helps to not strain so much when you go. I add 1 cup of epson salt to the warm water to help with the swelling and pain. You may have to do that few times, you can also use a warm water inema. Also eat anti inflammatory foods like blue berries and black berries. I started drinking qty 3 16oz botttles of water a day that helps to keep this going. I hope you dont mind but this is what I have learned and I hope it helps someone. I know this is very painful and frustrating to deal with.

you might have a hemorrhoid, which is swelling and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus. I was told it was good to drink lots of water and food with fiber. A good site to look at would be

Hope this is helpful.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Mine hurt too and the swollen area feels as if its undernieth my tail bone. Very painful and frustrating. Im going to have a colon check this week to get my pipes cleaned out and chromed up.

Hey my anus is like a balloon. Extruding I strain to make a movement and nothing. What should I do? I can't blow up like a blowfish and I should get checked out but I'm 22 and I don't think this is normal for my age. It might be any advice?

all those swelling means u have hemorrhoids. i got mine after i delivered an 8.10lbs baby. there's no cure, you'll have it forever. even if u have surgery, there's a tendency for it to come back. all i can say is drink more water, fruits but not apple, eat green veggies, don't take laxatives coz it will make u go but won't make the stool soft.. i take dulcolax everyday until the swelling's gone. but it's been almost 3wks and it's swollen again because i pooped again after 3days. don't sit for too long nor stand too long, don't carry heavy things [even a 5-gal water], don't sit on the bathroom for too long [avoid reading magazines], take sitz bath 2-3x/day. you can use tucks to wipe the area clean after you go, spray on dermoplast and put on proctosol-hc hydrocostisone cream and take motrin if u can't take the pain. hope all will be well for us. :( 

try virgin or extra virgin olive oil...

I am not a doctor, but I suffered through that all day yesterday. Here is what I did. I took the max reccomended allowance of Advil (I don't know it that actually helped but thought it might help with inflamation). I used Preparation H and took a stool softener. I eventually eliminated and immediately felt fine.