Well, I'm glad to see that it's not just me. The car exhaust smell is disgusting and can even be sickening. Thankfully we do have vitamin b12, which I will begin taking regularly, with the hopes that it will end the smell. I'll post any positive update.

I have been experiencing the exhaust fume smell for almost a week now. Iwent tp my doctor yesterday and he says I have an upper respiratory infection. He prescribed antibiotics, Amoxicillan/Clavulanic 125 mg tablets, 3 times a day for 1 week. Today is the second day & I am already seeing improvement. The smell has diminished quite a bit. I highly recommend everyone sees their GP and looks into this. Sweet smells to you all! Hope this helps.

The tablet is actually Amoxicillan/Clavulanic 500mg/125mg. It's a 2 in 1 antibiotic and after day 5 the smell is completely gone. WooHoo!

Has anyone else noticed the smells come only during a certain time of the month, PMS for instance, or do any of you have herpes simplex virus? I'm dealing with multiple symptoms such as viral facial herpes breakouts during PMS & that's predominantly when the fumes are suffocating me. I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy & carry low titer ANA. This has been going on for about 5 years but began after I stopped using meth. I have been clean from meth for 7 years & about 5 years ago started having health problems.

I experiencing the exact issue but I lost my sense of smell a year ago.... and just 2 days the Strong Fumes/like Gas smell has settled in. So bad, I feel like I can taste it. I didn't smoke cigarettes I use to smoke marijuana but quite 4 months ago. (Career more important)
But this smell has me so worried..... I wonder sometimes if I have a Tumor in the nasal passages due to the lost of smell a year ago! Never followed through with medical help always to busy. I just want my sense of smell back and this Gas/Fume smell gone!

like the rest uv you guyz I thot I wuz the only one that started smelling exhaust fumes all the time...WOW

I thought I was going nuts. It smells like my snazz is shoved up an exhaust pipe. I called my landlord because I thought the hot water heater pipe broke off inside somewhere. I was dragging furniture around sniffing the vents. This has been driving me bat sh*t crazy for a year. Minus the gap when it suddenly stopped. I didn't look the gift horse in the mouth and went with it. Now it's back and I'm ready to pop a fuse and I get on here and this is a thing?! Really? I mean, what the hell kind of voodoo is this now? I can close my eyes and see a 57 Chevy backed up to my bedroom door. How can we all be sniffing exhaust pipes? Why not some diesels and others jet fuel? It least I'm not the only one snorting phantom fumes.

I have found that if I put vapo rub under my nose it seems to get rid of it. I am currently at my desk at work and my eyes are burning and I feel like I can hardly breath. I take deep breaths but that doesn't help either. I can taste it and smell it bad! I feel like I am in a garage with mechanics working on a bunch of running vehicles. Uggggg!

Try using a lot of a saline spray.....like Simply Saline. Have you been using a lot of aerosol sprays (bug, paint, etc)?

I have the same issues with smelling fumes/car exhaust etc. it's been about 3yrs now I have a history of sinus infection and smoking most recent quit 2months ago. I've recently have been told that I am severely deficient in vitamin D and generally am prone to run low in all the B's. Recently I've started taking a women's multi no changes yet but I'm actually a little relieved to read that I'm not the only one. Family I've disclosed to think I'm crazy and so I've learned to keep it to myself.

If you're severely deficient in "D" you need more then a multi-vitamin. Doctors (GYN) are suggesting women take a minimum of 2000 IU's daily. And if you're low on B's I would take a "B complex". And it's actually suggested that all ages need much higher doses of Vit D. But also continue with the multi-vitamin. Do you use any kind of aerosol spray? Whatever the chemicals are in those type cans is what causes mine. But I've used a lot of saline spray each time and gotten rid of it after a couple of weeks.

Would you mind telling me what your doctor said and if they were able to remedy your problem? I am considering going but fear they will laugh at me.

Whoa!!! WAAAY. to much of us to be a coincidence! All of the sudden too?

Too many of us to smell this so suddenly....maybe its all related??

Do u still experience this exhaust smell? What helped? vitamins? Gas mask?