Hi, im 13 and sometimes I can taste things by just thinking about it...it won't even be ANYWHERE near me and by that I mean its not even in the house that I'm in. The same thing with smelling things...sometime I smell cigarette smoke and nobody is smoking near me...that happened once when I was thinking about how I wish that my mom wold quit smoking...I hate the smell too so I started thinking about the smell and i started to smell it and no one was smoking anywhere near me..it was very weird...that happened with some foods too...I would taste it when it wasn't there. Why does this happen?

Ok... I think your over "thinking" things.

Take note, when somebody smokes, the smell will stay with them even after they stop smoking.

When you think about something, you are using your brain. When you concentrate enough your brain can create and image in your mind. For example, close your eyes (So your brain is only concentrating on what you want it too) and imagne a pink elephant, with a green hat.

When your brain create a visual representation of something it then connects it to your senses (touch isn't a good one). So when you imagine something thats why your eyes, ears and nose also identify it. YOUR SENSES ALL NEED YOUR BRAI TO WORK. This is why after you hear a sound a night or when you "think" you see something move your brain keeps on thinking those noises are there. Just like mum said, don't what sacry movies at night,

In other words, when you think about something, your brain translates it and then send the message to your senses. but your senses are not smart and think its real, thats where you get the effects. Its a bit like homeostasis

It sounds like you have Synesthesia. Its not an uncommon disorder but you should probably be more properly diagnosed by a doctor.