Almost a year ago I had my gallbladder removed but I haven't felt right since I got sick. I was disco for two months with what I thought and was told was the flu. I then felt better for 2 days then went to hospital in major pain to find out I had a glassed filled with stones. I then was in hospital for three days and they found out my gallbladder burst so they had to push stones through I guess or took them out. Anyway went home and a few hours later spiked a fever of 102.6 so I called the surgeon and he said to call him if it reached over 103.6. I took some ibphrophen and it went down a bit. Then I stayed with a low grade fever for three months in and out of the doctor. I went down south so my parents could help with my three kids. I was there for about two weeks and had to be rushes to we in ambulance with me passing out from the worst pain I ever felt. My white cell count was over 1000 so they put me on antibiotics and then my pain and fever went away. I felt ok for a couple of weeks. Then my low grade fever came back with chills and yet my body felt hot inside to me. I have been told I had pancreatitis from the infection of where they took my gallbladder out. I still have a low grade fever, blood in my urine, and chills, once in a while I feel ok and the rest of the time I feel like I have the flu with bouts of pain in the middle of my back and my spine and under my rib cage in the middle to right side feels soar. I am trying so hard to get better by eating healthy, exercising as much as I can. I just don't know what to do and my doctor just says I have fibermialga. I just want to feel ok again or will I never because I had that infection that caused pancreatitis? Any help is very appreciated. :)

HHello,

I''m sorry to hear the you are having problems one year after your gall bladder removal.  It's very important that you modify your diet and overall lifestyle when you have your gall bladder removed.  The gall bladder is very important for digesting fats and with out it you will have problems with fatty oils and overall digestion that can cause constipation as well as diarrhea.  Your doctor should have discussed this with you before your surgery and made you aware of what you would have to do after the fact.  At any rate you need to bring in foods that contain fiber such as oatmeal for breakfast.  I suggest to speak with your surgeon at this time to get a full dietary regime that will work for you.