Hello. About a year ago I started to suffer from really strong pain located in my lower back spine. I have contacted doctor over this and he said that this isn’t something serious. He said that this condition is called lumbar sprain and prescribed me some pain killers.
I'm using them already I year but as soon as I stop- the pain is becoming unbearable.
I don’t know what to do! When I practice some physical exercises the pain goes away. I know that this couldn’t be something trivial because the pain is present over then a year now. What should I do- will I need some kind of operation?

I don’t really don’t know will you need operation or not but I insure you that lumbar sprain is a common cause of lower back pain.
As I can assume you will probably not need an operation because this condition isn’t caused by spine injury. It occurs with acute stress to the soft tissue of the lower back.
I would suggest you to contact some neurologist because this could be caused with nerve root compression by some other structure.
Beside this, I would also suggest you to do some reliable scan such as nuclear magnetic resonance scan. So, I really doubt that any kind of operation will be considered.
Physical therapy, massage, and traction may be helpful.