My son has started pulling out his eyebrows and lashes...What should I do?

Your son has developed a habit. This could be nerves or just his inability to stop doing it. Is he a jumpy or nervous kid?
Some people have strange little quirky habits that they have picked up like, twirling their hair, sucking on their hair, biting fingernails/toenails (yup) sucking their thumbs (adults) picking things on their bodies (scabs/sores) picking at their cuticles until they bleed, the list is endless. I think that when you see him do this, you need to correct him right away. How old is he? If he is real little, divert his attention, if he is older and can get what your talking about, correct him.
My nephew picked out all of his eyebrows. His mom and dad were always yelling at each other and the kids. He was a nevous wreck and it manifested itself into him picking out ALL of his brows. His Dr. gave him medication to control it. He is now an adult with a pair of full eyebrows.
You might want to bring it up to his Dr. as well.