My 1 year old son has really bad temper tantrums. And I dont know what to do. He gets very angry and starts screaming and hitting people. He throws things and bites. I know older kids like 3-4 year olds go through this but he just turned one last week and he has been doing this for a couple months now. The doctor said it will go away but is getting worse and worse. He head butts people even me and his daddy. What can I do to stop this madness? I know he isnt stressed and he isnt in a bad enviroment so what is causing him to be so wild and mean? ? :-( %-)

I know the tension you have been under and the upset in your life, and believe me HE knows it too! Babies - which he still is - can't verbalize their unhappiness or being upset about what is going on with their loved ones! It is VERY hard for toddlers! Thus parents now teaching their babies sign language! It has been PROVEN that babies and toddlers that know sign language are less irritated and act out less! Also they can be FAR ahead of the pack in playschool and school!

With you son, it sounds like he can't say what he wants! When a child can't vocalize or be understood they act out! I have even seen Gorilla babies acting out! So ALL animals have to deal with "difficult" children!

What my little terror, he used to bang his head against the wall and floor! He had a permanent black mark on his skull!!!! It was AWFUL! I used to walk through the mall and think "everyone thinks I'm hitting him!" The stupid pediatrician I had before my present one, stated "you need to watch 1, 2, 3, breathe!!!" I was like "WHAT!!!!!" o.O >:( I was SO devestated that I sat in this guys waiting room BALLING with my son banging his head on the floor!!! A male co-worker of mine, walked into the Dr.'s office at that EXACT moment!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! He picked up my son, put him in the stroller, helped me to my feet gave me a hug, and pushed the stroller and awalked me out to my car! He said "You need a break, YOU need a time out! NOT him!" I looked at him and it was like a light going on! It was ME that needed to deal with this not the other way round!

So the very next day I started playing hard ball! There are MANY parents out there who will disagree with me on this, BUT they didn't have to endure what I did! EVERY time he was about to act out or had just started, he was put in his crib, and I would walk out! This continued for several days, then it started clicking with him! Some parent put their children on "time out" stools! But my youngest is disabled so I couldn't do that! It took some time, BUT we did it! While you are giving him the time outs start trying to make him say or point to what he wants! he WANTS something he just can't tell you! Thus the aggravation!

He MIGHT start biting soon - this is an animal thing - and all I have been told by Dr.s and other paretns is to bite back - not hard of course but with enough to let them know that THAT hurts! Once again I will have people jumping on me stating this is bad! It's what you make it! Just remember it is YOU that is in control, NOT the baby! And this way this will enable you to take back control!

As Rossane Barr once said - "Now I know why animals eat their young!" ;-) XD XD XD Hang in there! DRINK alcohol, take antidepressants and use ear muffs!!!! 8-| o.O XD XD XD ;-) And remember "Their gifts from God!!!" XD

I'm having the same problem.  With the exception that my son (who is 1 yr. and 5mths) do it only to me and when the daddy is home he is more agressive towards me, it brakes my heart:'(

My son is really bad. I try to soothe him but it seems to make it worse. He just turned one 3 days ago but this has been going on about a month now. He pulls hair, hit, and bite and then laughs. He throws things such as his bottle, remotes, cell phones etc. Somebody HELP cause I'm about to loose it

my son is 18 months and when I say bad I mean bad!Whe my son is screaming, throwing his head into everything, spitting, I try to put him in time out. He gets so bad he starts hitting his head into the back of his highchair. His highchair literally goes from the middle of the floor hopping to the other end of the room hitting his head constantly. What do I do/ He listens to his father and no one else

Omg sound like you where talking about my one year old son,I also need help his temper tantrum are like uncontrollable, it really does scare me,

Hi
Im having the same problem with my 14mth old daughter!!! I noticed your post is over a year old.... please tell me you found a solution and things are better!!! xxx