I am on day 11 post op and the last three days my larynx has been hurting pretty bad. My throat itself is healing very slowly, still a lot of scabs to fall off. I am still having to take the narcotics and am finding that soma is the only thing that is helping the larynx pain. I am supposed to go back to work on wed, and since I work in a call center this will be next to impossible. I have to go back to work at the latest on sun. Anyone else have issues with larynx problems? My roommate that's an RN seems to think it sounds like it might be an infection going on. Any suggestions on what to do with working in a call center and still having a lot of pain? I need help!

Well, maybe you could try to find a replacement for another couple of days. If it's an infection you'll need some antibiotics. Sooner you see your doctor sooner you'll feel better and be able to work. There are many home remedies for sore throat but I wouldn't try them since you're on day 11 post op and I wouldn't risk. I hope you'll get better soon.

well the problem is that I am already one emplyee of hundreds, so finding a replacement isn't really going to work, since there are already hundreds of people in my shift, the company just doesn't work that way. I will be calling the doc in the am though cause I don't think I should be having to rely on a muscle relaxer to make it through the day, at least not 12 days after a tonsillectomy!