I need surgery for cervical spinal stenosis and it has been delayed for over 3 years now and I need to get scheduled yet I saw a site where they do laser surgery on the spine and I really prefer something that has no metal in spine for fusion part but don't know anything really about it or if it is safe or outcomes or cost or where I would even go for i live in Kansas and Kansas is so set back it is not an option to do here. Can you tell me how a person is to know which is better and wehre to go and any details with expense. For what I've saw is out of state so I have the issue of stress of how am I going to get money to even go there and be able to stay there with expense to go thru the rehab there. Are there any charitable options out there to help with someone's stay and their spouse or anything as such. Even experimental options. I need surgery of my foot and spine but need to be acting quick. I've been on disability for several years and it has drained my reserves of any and all i had. Please advise and i'd appreciate any info you can give me. Thank you. I also have issues with work comp that I need help in dealing with and finding a GOOD caring doctor who is not afraid to stand up to work comp.

As far as I know, spine laser surgeries are not done with general anesthesia, which means that there are not sleeping overs in the hospital, which reduces the overall cost of the surgery. The problem may be if you decide to do it in another country and will have to travel and from what I’ve heard on these procedures, they are done in stages, which means that you will have to travel a couple of times.

A person who undergoes such procedure gets a combination of intravenous sedation to promote relaxation and local anesthetic to numb the skin in the neck. You would be awake all the time and communicate with the surgeon, but of course you won’t feel a thing.
Because of such approach, the risks of the surgery are reduced, the recovery time is reduced and the cost is reduced if you don’t have additional expenses.

I did some reading on the laser surgeries because my father also needs a surgery because he suffers from DDD. However, I am not able to help you with the financial side. My father has insurance and we are still not sure if they will cover for everything.

I found this Bonati institute in Florida and I heard that if you send them your MRI’s, they are willing to look at it and even recommend you the best treatment for your case, no strings attached. Maybe they could also give you necessary information about the general prices and other conditions. Here is their address: The Bonati Institute, 7315 Hudson Avenue, Hudson, Florida 34667, Toll Free: (866)-298-7513, Local: (727) 868-9563. Good luck!

I went to Microspine for my surgery. I think they do similar work as bonati but I am not sure. their webite is www.microspine.com and you might check them to compare prices.