I experienced stabbing chest pain about the heart area which would happen when I took a deep breath or any movement. Pain lasted 2-3 minutes.

This was happening consistently for the past two months, about once a day. It would last at most 30 seconds. Last week one lasted for half an hour, and I told my friend, who is a fairly sickly person. He told me to eat an apple every day. It hasn't bothered me since then.

PatrickIV it's funny to hear that an apple a day has helped you out! Out of curiosity, how old are you? There is an actual condition known as random chest pain syndrome (or something along those lines) that happens to young men and women in their adolescence to young adulthood. This happened to me actually. It didn't end up going away until I was about 22, but when it did, it was a surprise and a relief. I hope that this helps. And try the apple thing--it seems to have some efficacy.

Hi:
Here are some questions that might put you on a track to answers. With any chest pain, however, you should see a doctor immediately: Have you suffered any possible trauma to your chest that may have caused muscle soreness or broken ribs? This could be serious if a broken rib is piercing your lung. That might be life-threatening. Have you had a chest cold recently? Some respiratory ailments can cause this type of pain. Have you ever had bouts with asthma? These are questions that you might consider with a doctor. I do believe that you should see one, just because the pain is in the chest area. This is considered a priority condition in the medical community. I hope that you seek out help very soon. Please let us know how you are doing.

I am 16 years old. My mother had asthma but I've never experienced it, I've had no trauma to the chest, and I got a cold after this started. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow.

Hi Patrick! Just out of curiosity, what did your doctor say? I'm curious to hear if it was the random chest pain I was talking about or if it was something more serious. In any case, we'd like to stay updated on what happened so that we can all benefit and help people in the future with similar questions. Thanks for letting us know! And I'm glad to hear that you went to a doctor. Like I said--thanks for letting us know.