I am just wondering if my being smoker is a form of depression or not. Because i noticed that I crave more whenever I am sad, or disappointed, or something went wrong. Usually, I consume 2-3 sticks a day. Quitting just seem to be so hard, I guess..

That could be an addiction to nicotine. I wouldn't say it's depression, unless you have more symptoms. But craving cigarettes isn't a symptom. I would go talk to a doctor, they might be able to give you some advice to stop smoking, and possibly answer and depression questions you have.

Na your not depressed, your a smoker. Same thing happens to me when i am angry or sad or upset for any reason. I reach for the cigs and puff away. EEEEWWW, i know, but the feeling that i get when i smoke seems to relax me, now this is not true as cigarette smoke is not a depressant. It's all in your head as it doesn't calm you, but you think it does.

If you only smoke 2 or 3 cigs a day, good for you, you can probably stop any time with no regrets. I on the other hand smoke a pack a day. There is so much turmoil in my house right now that i don't even think about it when i reach for a cig, i just do. I have to have one in my hand all the time. Nasty nasty habit and i would so love to stop.