I have been on Suboxone for about one year. I started at 8mgs/day and tapered down gradually to 1mg. I took my last dose 63 hours ago. (I am feeling moderate WD symptoms.) I have been on heroin, oxys, methadone, etc many years ago and could never make it through the entire "cold turkey" part of the detox. When will I feel better and what can I expect over the next few days?

Hi:
The info I found says that it depends upon whether a person was using short acting or long acting opiates. It says that detox can be completed in a few weeks. However, long acting opiates can take longer. I wish you the very best and I congratulate you for your commitment to having a healthier life style. I hope that you have support system or that you will seek out a reliable one. I am sure that there are groups that you can find in your community that will also support your efforts. Once you are detoxed, be sure to stay with your support systems so that you can help to insure your long-term success. Good Luck!

You may be going through a difficult time in the next few days. I know that the first week off suboxone can be difficult, but please keep with it. I know that it seems like it's going to take a long time to feel better but you will feel incredibly in less than a month. The entire thing will take about a month for you to feel better. It depends really on your constitution. You may just deal with sleeplessness or you could expect to see worse symptoms. I don't want to speculate because it varies. How has it gone thus far?

Hi mike12:
How are you doing now? I hope that you have been success with your withdrawal attempts. I hope that if so, or if not, you have surrounded yourself with a strong support system. Either way, you will meet your goal, even if it takes longer than you had planned. Just stick with it. Please let us know about your journey. We are anxious to know how you are doing. Your experience will be helpful to many. We look forward to hearing from you. I sincerely hope that you are doing well. Best wishes.