Ive had this for about 4 days now. it hurts in the upper middle of my tummy and it hurts when I sleep. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. It's so frustrating with this pain. I want it gone forever! I went to the doctors and they said it was some kind of acid reflux. So she prescribed nexium 20 mg. Please tell me what I have??

I'm a nurse student and I wish I can help you here some solution:
drink cold milk,don't eat fatty meals or spicy food,eat before 3-4 hrs before sleeping I mean don't eat and sleep,eat small amount of food in frequent time instead of three large meals,reduce smoking if you are.

ok now this diagnostic studies maybe helpful: test H.pylori cause it cause inflammation to your stomach and peptic ulcer disease,test your gastric acid,do abdominal ultrasound,finally you can undergo upper endoscopy..my dad is suffering like you I wish you two become better

If the nexium does not help than try omemprazole 30mg I tried nexium and prilosec with my issues and they do not work as great as omemprazole I catn really diagnose your issue but I can say that this will probably help and take he edge off a little more than nexium

Why not try some aloe vera gel? I know this helps a lot as detox and for digestion.