Hello.
I have had some pretty weird problems with my stomach for about a year now, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm 28 years old and I'm relatively healthly otherwise, with the exception of having a messed up rib cage which I'm having pushed back in by an Osteopath. I like to eat a lot of spicy things, and have found that in the past year, only bland things are guaranteed not to cause me any problems. I can't eat buffalo wings anymore, I can't drink grapefruit juice or orange juice, and I cannot eat any sort of peppers... even the mild ones. I'm almost afraid to eat anything. It used to be that almost anything irritated my stomach and I would have to run to the bathroom immediately. Now I find that I don't go for days at a time. Sometimes when I go to the bathroom, hard round balls come out. Other times, normal bowel movements, other times, thin burning stool. I cannot figure it out. I also just found a small lump just above my anus. It's painful when I touch it. I have been to the doctor who says that it's just a skin tag, but I don't know. When I touch it, something inside of it moves. Feels sort of like a cyst. ... Anyway, this has been like this for a year and I'm beside myself. I don't want it to be like this for the rest of my life. If anyone has any insight on what I could possibly do to get this taken care of, I would really appreciate it.

Of course my mind always goes to the worst.... colon cancer or something like that, but none of my doctors have even mentioned that. I have told them all of the above many times. I've had every other test done : CAT scan of stomach. MRI of back area. EMG. Blood tests... everything. Should I insist on a colonoscopy, or is this a dumb notion?

Once again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Change doctors. Go to the best. Don't keep worrying. Be proactive and take things like probiotics to help your gut do it's work.
Take it esasy on the food if that is what your gut is telling you to do. Listen and take good care of yourself.