have developed lumps under the skin in lower arms. I am 69.

The lumps you developed are called lipomas. They are growths of fatty tissue cells and they are harmless but esthetically nuisance. They grow slowly and shouldn’t be painful.

Many people think that lipomas form due to obesity and eating fatty foods but the thing is that the causes are not known and this obesity theory is not scientifically proven.

Except for being cosmetical interference, these lipomas rarely cause any other symptoms.

They are usually left as they are. They can be removed though if a person wishes too, if they are too big, or interfere with functioning of the body part they form on.
Unfortunately, they can return after being removed by liposuction but it rarely happens if there has been an incision made and the tissue removed completely. Liposuction may leave residuals, which results in recurrence.

I have had sevral tumors and i don't know what is causing them. I find them because they cause me pain or like the one in my thyroid causes me to have trouble swallowing. Is there something I am doing wrong
I am a 25 year old female with two kids and i weigh about 145lbs not relly over weight i didn;t think

I've been battling painful Lipomas in my abdominal area and around my sides and back, for 6 years now and just received a diagnosis at Mayo clinic this past November. I now have 40+ in these areas only, none on my extremities and live in pain 24/7. Mayo suggested tumescent liposuction but i can't seem to find anyone to do this procedure because having Lipomas in the areas I have them is rare. Any suggestions??? My life is on hold, had to cease my employment, take Narcotics and other drugs for this condition, which I would like to discontinue. Thanks :'(

I am 21, and I have had three small lipomas removed, and have four more. They're all on my forearms. They hurt, and that's when I know that I have them. I am not overweight at all, and they don't know the cause of mine. However, my dr. did say they were nothing to worry about having.

Genetic unfortunately, but not life threatening. I want to have the ones on my arms removed I feel blech about it.

I am 21 also with many lipomas in my forearms. I am considering having them removed because they're quite bothersome.

I have a lot of them too, mainly on my upper legs, I personally think they are from stres/anxiety...Anybody with fatty tumors have this anxiety or stress problem???

That's interesting that you say they may be related to stress and anxiety. I have been suffering from stress and anxiety for three years now, and about year ago started to notice the little bumps in my legs. Just recently, I began to notice them in my arms. So.. maybe it is stress and anxiety related.. hmmm...

I am 41 years old. mexican decent and my dad used to have these tumors on his arm and stomach. my brother (38) and i have these and recently, i have gotten more on the stomach area , they dont hurt at all is just that im scared because more are coming out. As far as i can remember, i've had these since i was 15 yrs old.

thinking of going, well, im going to see a doctor again. 2 years ago i talked to a doctor and said for me not to worry. they are, as you guys mentioned above, fatty tissue and harmless. he said that if i wanted to be worry free, for me to have one from the arm area and the stomach area removed and examined. but he assured me it was hereditary. lately i've been gaining weight . currently i am 6 ft tall and weight 255.

thinking of starting a diet pretty soon and getting on the tread mill or going to the park and jogg. anyway, will keep you'all posted of my experiences.

thanks
thebigone

I am 44 years old. I am concerned about my fatty tumors more than ever now. I have them on my arms, lower and upper. I have them on my upper legs. I have them on my lower left side, lower back and several in my abdominal region. Most of them seem to be at least a half inch in diameter or larger. I had three on my left arm removed at an outpatient office visit, and those have not returned so far, but many many others are turning up else where. My grave concern is that I do know they seem to grow deep. The ones removed from my arm were long. Three of them are growing and painful. I'm concerned about the amount of them turning up and how deep they grow. Thinking of having a radical surgery to remove them all. Any advice out there?

please do your research under "Dercum's Disease. It sound exactly. Most doctors do not know about this. I might have it as well.