Hello !
I am a sixty year old female who has had foot problems initiating with a horrible callous on the ball of my foot. I went to at least 10 podiatrists in the past forty years who would not consider surgery. They treated it by digging and scraping only to have it grow back
within months, This 1 callous ,over the years, caused me to have corns, hammertoes and a bunion.
I finally found a doctor who recommended surgery to correct all of my problems during a ninety minute operation.All went well, he said.
It's been 6 weeks to the day and I am worried. My foot is still real swollen ,my toes are swollen and there is an irritating tightness in my toes . Is this normal? I am walking awkwardly and had to purchase larger size shoes today? Will my foot ever look or feel normal again? The other doctors always said that having surgery was risky.
Please let me know from your experience what to expect.
Thank you in advance for sharing!

Hi there, it's hard to say what's happened because it's six months out and the recovery time on foot surgery usually is anywhere from a month all the way up to three months. It is possible that there is some damage that's been done from surgery but I'd hesitate to say that. Are you having any other symptoms? Let me know!