For about a month, I've had a wierd numb/pressure feeling on the right side of my face. My doctor originally prescribed antibiotics thinking it was a sinus infection. When this didn't help, he sent me to a neurologist. The neorologist did some basic tests in his office and then told me he thinks its a virus. Lately, however, I notice the feeling comes on when I lay down on my right side. Even if I lay down only for 10 minutes, when I get up, I get the feeling. Sometimes it is like slight pressure on the side of my head between my eye and ear. Sometimes, it feels like my eye lid is heavy. No drooping or other physical signs.

check out Lyme Diease

Hello there jvree ,

It is very strange that your neurologist doesn’t have better solution! I think that you should ask from him some additional tests or simply change the doctor. I mean you are not going to live with these sensations for the rest of your life! And poster above me has mentioned Lyme disease so once you are checking maybe you should check this as well because you never know.

The situation is the same, when it comes to the treatment options. If you don’t know what is causing your problem it is very difficult to treat it as well. I hope that you will find some solution fast. Good luck and keep us posted about your condition.