Hello, so i was on suboxone for 2years, took me two months to taper and finally be free of it :) i've been free from it since august 1! anyway, withdrawals weren't bad (comparing to opiate withdrawals)-but lately i feel that depression hitting me again. i think there is where i would relapse,but so far i'm staying strong because i really don't wanna go through this again. i guess what they domt tell you, is when youre on suboxone, you handle issues easily, like getting over them quickly..now it's all coming back. i was drug addict for 3 years, suboxone 2..so 5 years of stuff buried is starting to take a toll. therapy is too expensive, been trying to keep busy..any advice on how to deal with all this?

I was told by my addictionologist that because Suboxone is an opiate it can help with depression. I'm sure that has something to due with boosting neuro-transmitters in the brain. That aside, depression, in my opinion, should never be taken lightly, especially when one has a hx of substance abuse. I've had treatment resistant depression for many years. (treatment resistant = several medications and medication combinations, cognitive therapy, and other extreme treatments have provided little to no relief ) It is imperative that a depressed individual be evaluated. If $ is an issue then community mental health services can be a helpful option. Most states have low cost mental health treatment available on a sliding scale. I highly recommend contacting a local agency such as the YWCA/YMCA which offers excellent
services in many communities.