I've been checking out experiences of withdrawl from subutex - mostly how horrible it is for many. There are a few very positive posts so I would like to add mine. I have already written , about my detox so far on here and want to continue with my story.

It's now been 8 days since I quit and I feel better each day. Even though I got out of bed at 4.30am my normal sleep is starting to come back. Apart from feeling tired I feel great that the detox has been so easy.

I've been on subutex for around 7 years. for the last 3 years I have been supported by my clinic (NHS). I used to take upwards of 24 mg daily but for the last 3 years I have been taking 10 mgs daily.

I started reducing in January and jumped off at 0.8 mgs. Having tried to detox on my own in another country I  know how horrendous this can be. This time I promised myself that I'd go through with it no matter what - I also told this to my support and anyone else who would listen.

The first 3 days were a bit difficult - I felt tired and confused - every thing around me felt wrong. On the third I sensed my addiction break. I began to realise that I'd already beaten it. That felt great and still does.

I think the key for me was that I had learned not to attach the physical addiction to the psychological addiction. I was ( and still am) able to watch my body deal with withdrawl while I waited. I feel the addict in me was already dead before I began my detox.

I can explain more if you are interested.

My main point is that it isn't nescessary to suffer to much.

Good Luck All.