Hello, good people. I have been smoking ever since I was 12. It was love at first smoke. I still love smoking, but I must quit. It is bad for my health and I cannot poison myself anymore. I would like to hear some success stories from ex smokers. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello, there. My husband left cigars ten years ago and he still do not smoke. And he had been smoking previously for 20 years. He didn’t have any special formula for this. He just decided and he had a hard willing. And he didn’t try with decreasing the number of cigarettes like many people try. He just stopped suddenly and totally. And that is his secret. If you think you cannot do this, go to the nearest health center. They must have some special program for this. If they don’t have, they can tell you where to find it. I hope this helps.

I quit smoking after my 15 year pack a day habit. You can do this. I decreased how many cigarettes I smoked every day until I was down to one a day and then finally just quit. Looking back on it, I tortured myself for months over it and would have been much better off just doing it all at once. Read as many success stories as you can find, research endlessly every time you have a craving. If you can use those 5 minutes of craving convincing yourself you're doing the right thing rather than fixating on the discomfort, you'll very quickly rewire yourself to view the discomfort as a good thing - your body is healing! You can do this. It's hard but you're strong.

I quit cold turkey after 25 years, pack a day or more smoking. I quit because I got scared - that is the honest answer. I went through a very rough recovery period, very rough but I finally won the war. My body and mind went through a difficult 12+ month period getting rid of the poison so you must be prepared for anything - the detox is not a standard process and will differ from one person to another but IT IS ALL WORTH IT!

Don't let your body be eaten by cancer!

I have smoked a pack a day approx since 15 yrs old, and now 27 yrs old. Steps:
1. Why do you want to quit, how is it making you feel?
2. Decide when your last one will be.
3. Smoke last one.

Ha, sounds easy right? Well, I have quit many times over a three year period for a week or so. I so badly wanted to quit, but probably not enough to take enough preventive measures to ensure I would not light up. So my trigger was social drinking, so for a while I stayed away and slowely started going out to associate drinking with non smoking. I have been a non smoker for a month and a few days. I've never made it this far, max. 2 weeks. This is it! I am offically a non smoker.

You need to idenify your triggers. For instance, I could drink a cup of coffee no problem, but alochol really got me back each and every time!
Also, never stop trying. It took me over half a dozen attempts.
Start exercising, jogging and eating healthy.
If you smoke a cigg, stick to your resolve and plan another quit asap.
Keep saying positive affirmations "I feel great being a non smoker!"
Talk to ex smokers, as many as you can and find out their quit stories.
Research, research all you can about addiction! You are an addict.
The way I took it serious was I thought of smoking a cigg, equiviant as smoking herion or coke because anyways they say ciggs are harder to quit then both those. (By the way never did those drugs) but it put into perspective how extreme it was.
Either face your triggers head on and or do things differently. Example: instead of coffee, drink ice tea. Instead of beer, drink a soda or moderate your drinking which naturally lowers inhibitions.
Tell all friends and family you are a non smoker!
Pray!! Pray!! Ask god to give you the strength to heal your addictions and vices. Go to service, (optional)
Realize that people get cancer without ever having a cigg. Ciggarettes aren't really what we are fighting. We are fighting addiction. Something that consumes our lives, affects our self esteem, looks, social circle, attitude, echics, etc... and our health and well being spiritually. We can be a non smoker and live a healthier, quality of life! We may get hit by a car, or get cancer anyhow but in the meantime, we are giving ourselves freedom of being an addict! We become healthier, more secure, feel more wholesome, lovable to ourselves and others, etc. Goodluck xo