Hello am a 14 year old boy wondering how long it takes for your tonsils to heal after having them out, it has been 5 days now and I can still hardly eat and my throat is just pure white, I am also a smoker I would like to know how long it would take for me to start again thank you.....

i would recommend that you use this time to actually stop smoking, if you smoke while you are recovering from you tonsilectomy then you will have no end of problems and the pain will never go away. Seriously kiddo! Smoking at 14 it's seriously not cool and not clever.

Why do we have soo many non smokers in this world? :$
I read this sh*t everywhere "Don't smoke Quit Quit Blah blah f*****g Blah!
Just give a straight answer for f**k sake! If this kid wants 2 die! Let em die! Don't waste the electricity writing to quit smoking nd stuff cuz u noe that's not gonna happen >:(
I've searching for an straight answer for 3 days now Nd FML I cant find one!! Every single question I view I see the same f*****g answer! :O
f**k sake just write if u have experienced this situation before and when can I start smoking again without affecting the recovery process/ when im completely healed to start smoking! >;) >;)

Kid smoking is really retarded why would u do that to your self I'm 20 and I used to smoke and now I have a big problem in my life

Smoking is gross.

I tried smoking after two weeks and it totally set back my recovery a few days. It started to hurt after a few cigarettes- my throat feels like it is made of gravel and bled small amounts.

There's no definitive answer because no one recommends it - it's terrible. BUT, If you want to smoke, just do it. If "want to die" then who cares if it sets back your recovery? (I don't actually advise this)

For real? if the scabs are gone, and you throat is clear of all the white stuff, you're probably good to go. How long this will take depends on how well you're taking care of yourself. Mine started falling off at day 5, were mostly gone by day 7 and two weeks later, there are only small amounts left.