Now I have done almost every trick in the book, eat right, exercise, get proper amount of sleep which is rather hard with multiple mental illnesses, and the list goes on. I have had a struggle with weight all my life. The only thing that has ever helped me loose weight was a very dangerous way and that was a liquid diet. I was 16/17 years old, I weighed 260lbs, I wore a size 48 in mens. Over aprox. 3 months I dropped to 170lbs and to a size 36 in mens. I felt great even tho I still had a bit of a belly. I was rather built muscle wise and felt great in so many ways. Over a years time I went back up to 210lbs and as I type this I am 5 foot 5 inches and I weigh roughly 190lbs. I would like to loose more weight but have come to find out that my love of weight lifting has came back to bite me in the ass or so to speak. Between manual labor jobs and weight lifting I have had and done resulted in a damaged muscle in my left shoulder between my shoulder blade and spine, resulting in a muscle skeletal growth. The pain it gives me keeps me from sleeping, eating, being able to stand for more than 30 min at a time, walking long distances, caring objects, and working out. Painkillers do help me perform daily activities but lately are rarely prescribed to me just because they are a narcotic, but even with my shoulder problems I am still able to keep at almost a consistent weight. I would like to know if there is anything I could do to help bring my weight down a bit further with my lack of abilities?

Oh, I'm so sorry you are having such problems.  I want to recommend a program and a website to you.  It will fit in with your lack of abilities quite well because they explain why you don't have to exercise in order to lose weight.  Exercising can actually be bad for weight loss because it works up an appetite.

I recommend a cookie diet and the one I recommend is R&D Diet Cookie.  They are at http://www.randddietcookie.com

Cookie dieting has been around since the 70's and many people have lost a great deal of weight on it.  It allows you to take control of your eating.  After your initial weight loss (after a couple of months) I think you should look at their low carb cookie diet program.  I think low carb will be a good option for you.

Good Luck jcgr!:-P

Relax, you are overdoing everything. Fad diets, crash diets, liquids diets are indeed very dangerous. One tends to lose weight rapidly intially but then when you are off this diet, every lost inch comes back.

You should plan your diet in such a way which could be followed easily and which doesn't lead to a rebound weght gain.

Pooja Sharma wrote:

jcgr wrote:

I know your stuggle I also have had a weight problem. I heard of a weight loss support group called TOPS which stands for Taking Off Pounds Sensibly and they have groups all over the US and Canada. I decided to join last Oct. I have now lost over 80 lbs. I love the TOPS organization they offer lots of support teach you a healthier eating choices and portion control.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***. They give lots of rewards for various milestones. I love them and recommend you check it out. Find one in your area you can go to the first meeting free. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***