I mentioned this diet program about a year ago and I wanted to update everyone... I still think it is the "best kept secret" when it comes to cookie diets. I lost a little over 55 lbs using them and it was pretty quick and simple. OK, the first 30 lbs was quick and easy but I had to work a little harder to get the last 20 lbs off. (I ended up combining them with Atkins and it worked great for me). I'm not here to convince anyone to go on a cookie diet... you either like what they offer or you don't. But, if you plan to try the cookie diet, I definitely recommend the R&D Diet Cookie program. They taste really good and they are much cheaper and I think they work better too! :-)

And yes, I've kept the weight off. I always knew how to eat healthy to maintain... it was losing that was the problem. If I didn't lose it fast enough I lost motivation! Would give up early and re-gain. :'(

How good is it for your overall health, do you know?

Like many diet trends I personally wouldn't recommend using this for long term success. I'm not arguing about it's effectiveness, but the main concern is the long term health effects of using such products... Which is still being studied.

Thanks for asking fmtj...
I agree a diet this low in calories is not meant for long term. That's the beauty of it. You go on it for a certain period and lose the weight then transition into a higher calorie, healthier way of life. As for the overall health effects... I can't help but say they are good. Eating the cookies is significantly better that eating big macs and icecream! It's all relative. No, I wouldn't go off of a well-balanced diet to go on the R&D Diet Cookie... but if you normally eat fast food and doughnuts, etc. and you find it hard to stay on a low-calorie diet... then yes, please believe me the cookies are good for you! They aren't magical (no matter what the doctor says). They are mostly a mixture of protein powders (like athletes use), corn and wheat fiber (good for you), whole wheat and soy flours (again good for you), soluble fiber, then various flavorings, fruit bits and such. Nothing bad here and nothing magical. The "trick" is that they really do take away hunger and cravings and are convenient. The way I use them long term is that many days I start my day with them. It just sets the tone for the rest of the day and I usually make better choices becasue of it! :-)

Hey me too!  I agree especially with "if you normally eat fast food, etc and you find it hard to stay on a low-calorie diet... then this is for you!"  I had great success with them too and I've never been healthier.

I lost 70 lbs using the R&D diet Cookies a little over 2 yrs ago.  Kept them off.  Never been healthier and feeling great!:-|

I especially want to recommend the cookies for this time of year.  You can schedule and plan for holiday eating but make sure it is only 1 day of overindulgence at a time.  Multiple days can do damage but 1 day won't.  Then go right back on the cookies for 2 or 3 days after so you get back in control of your eating.  Don't be surprised if you actually end up losing a pound or two over the holidays if you do it this way.

Hi Rhonda, me again.  Have you tried them lately?  They improved the texture (around November) and made them taste even better.  My favorite is the chocolate (followed by Peanut Butter).  They still work as great as ever! 

Interesting. I may consider.

I tried the Smart For Life cookies, and they do what they claim they do. However, I like R&D better. I think they taste better, and they are certainly less expensive. Although they look like the cookies your grandmother made at home, loaded with butter and sugar, they are not, and they don't taste the same. If you're expecting them to taste grandma's cookies, you'll be disappointed. I think they taste just fine, and they are just sweet enough to remind you that you're eating a cookie. I ordered a day's supply of the slightly salty ranch flavored cookie, and I've fallen in love with them. I will definitely order more.

I finally tried the salty ranch flavored and, while I can't say I have "fallen in love with them"... I can sure say I enjoy them as a change occasionally!  LOL  XD

BTW BobbyJ... I tried the hollywood ones and they tasted really good BUT they didn't work!!!  They actually made me hungry!  I still like R&D one best.

where do i buy the R&D cookie? I would like to try the cranberry, apricot orange flavor.

where did you buy the R&D cookie?