Im having occasional pain throat once in a while for a year now. The first time i experienced it, i got so afraid cause the pain extends up to my stomach. I cannot explain much of the pain im feeling, but it was like there was some sort of a sudden big thing stuck on my throat, and when i tried to swallow it i can feel the pain extending way down to my stomach and having a bit difficulty in breathing. This occurs once in a while, its not very often (sometimes once or twice a month) but im still curious about it. I didnt take much serious to visit a doctor about this, cause the pain will heal itself after taking a sip of water. But it still bothers me. Im afraid this could be a sign of some serious ailment.

Does anybody experienced this kind of thing? or does anybody knows anything about this?

Roy

Hi there! Do you have any other symptoms…..like white patches at the back of the throat or redness on your mouth, or problems swallowing?

I had what I thought it was a sore throat that I could not get rid of! It was painful (almost all the time though), I had problems swallowing, I had white patches and I though these were typical sore throat signs. I’ve been taking a lot of antibiotics, which I later found out was a big mistake an could have contributed to my problems.

I was found to have yeast infection in my throat a.k.a thrush. I have no idea how I got it but I thought something was wrong when I developed white patches on my tongue as well. It is said that yeast overgrows after a prolonged antibiotic treatment when all good and bad bacteria is killed and allowed overgrowth of yeast. There was yeast in the esophagus as well and this was probably where I had constant throat pain.

Now, the only difference between you and me is that my pain was almost constant and that I had problems swallowing.

I am not saying this is what you have but I would have it checked although it shows up rarely but the pain sounds extreme.

jenny i think i may have this too lots of throat pain and discomfort pretty much constant not like ya avrage sore throat tho feels diffrent care to discuss email me on _[removed]_ cheers!