My mom thinks she was bit by an insect (spider maybe?) on her thigh some time around July 17 (she lives in Los Angeles, CA). Within 24 hrs, her symptoms included: extreme heat, redness, swelling, and itchy. She was unable to locate a bite, but put rubbing alcohol all over the area. Ever since then, she experiences a crawling sensation, as if bugs going up her leg, followed by extreme itchiness. She said at times the itchiness has been so severe that she has been unable to sleep all night. The itching affects the entire thigh. Her Dr. prescribed hydrocortizone and keeps telling her it's an allergy. Another Dr. told her it was related to her pre-Diabetes. Please help, we are getting pretty worried.
Thank you.

ive been wondering about my rash too. i also live in la, i've had a rash that mostly shows up during my period, and the itch was so bad the skin turn black using otc drugs and from the itching ive try so many things on my own to find out what it can be since i do not hav health covetage but one thing has finally helped a bit it is an aloe cream that has menthol and lidocaine, since the same nerves that makes us itch is the nerbe that gives us pain i put the cream on my thights and im able to sleep, i think it has made a a bit better, i just wnt my skin to go back to its regular color is envarassing.