I've been on methadone for almost a year now, unfortunately i didnt listen to anybody and went up to 160 MG's within about 6 months. In this last year my wife and I had our first child, a little healthy baby boy. I now have a new perspective on life and how i'd like to live. I'm a traveling salesman which has been nearly impossible with the whole methadone thing and i'm moving back to Idaho where the nearest methadone clinic is about 2 hours from our new home. Even if it were close i am wanting to get off methadone, i notice it dulls my senses and makes me drowsy and just not me, everyone around me notices as well, im sick of living this way and want to switch to suboxone which i was on about 2 years ago and regretfully got off. I have been going down in my dose from 160 mg of methadone and now im at 130, i went down 30mg in two weeks but the problem is that im moving back to idaho in about two weeks and i need to make the switch to suboxone here pretty soon, what are some of my options??? so people were telling me you have to wait 4-5 days with nothing to get the methadone out of your system before taking suboxone, ive never had troubles with the precip wd's its weird i used to mess around (like an id**t) when i was a lil younger with the suboxone using one night and taking the sub the next morining and it never had an affect on me, but with the methadone i dont want to mess around, ive heard that the induction is the most important part of the whole process. Should i start using pills for four to five days then stop for 24-hours and then get on suboxone???an i guess the reason why i wouldnt want to be in withrdarwl for 4 -5 days os because im living with my business partner for the last month while my wife an son are in idaho and i cant just be sick around the house for four days??? does anyone have any other suggestions, your advice would be greatly appreciated? thank you very much.

Taylor

NO!!!!...Suboxone has Narcan in it, and you'll go into immediate withdrawals. Subutex is for Methadone users...

Suboxone is OK for Heroin or other opiates, but not for Methadone.  You'll need Subutex...Look it up...