I woke up very early with my eyelids swollen and my back/top of my throat feeling like its closed up my nose was also very blocked. I would put it down to my heyfever but i woke up with it all of a sudden and didnt itch my eyes or anything and the swelling or closed throat has not gone down at all.

any ideas?
thanks

I have been experiencing some crazy things that doctors can not explain. I have seen specialist and a hand full of doctors. They have not a clue what is going on with me.....

Out of no where my left upper eyelid will close shut and my throat will swell closed. I have made several trips to the ER and they have no idea what is wrong. I have seen allergists and so called specialist and they have no clue what is wrong.

It was happening every six months since I turned 30 years of age. Now that I am 35 years old it is happening every six weeks or so. I have had several blood tests from food allergies to cancer. Blood work came out negative. I am at my wits end. Could someone out there help me please?

Puzzled.....

Same craziness is happening to me! Mine started in October, 2008. Swollen, red, itchy eyelids. Out of 7 days a week, I have 3 good days. Then two weeks ago, I experienced the swelling of the top of my throat, along with the same red, itchy, swollen eyelids. I was given Tobradex ointment, which relieves the itch, but does nothing to stop the swelling, and it hasn't put a stop to it happening again.

No one seems to know what this is, and it's driving me crazy.

did any of you buy a new mattress or new anything just before these symptoms appear? my left eye all of a sudden became red and swollen the day after my new mattress arrived. my left eye was getting better but now on the 6th day after my left eye has turned red, it's all of a sudden all red again. also, my throat is swollen and hurts a little. i also have another symptom that started when my eye got swollen: the 2nd knuckle of my left ring finger got swollen, the bone and the skin around it and the whole finger is itchy like crazy.
if anyone has any idea, please post!
i'm weary of going to the doctor because most likely he'll just prescribe antibiotics and anti itch cream/eyedrops.

Take some Benedryl