No job, or insurance, no chance of getting a job, the way I look now! I will only leave the house to go see 94 yr. old Dad in nursing home...would not even do that except there's no one else to do it! Need any suggestions, or possible home remedies, quick! :'(

Hello! Swollen eyelids are most often caused by water retention in the eye area during a period of rest or sleep. Other causes of puffy eyes are general seasonal allergies, high blood pressure, or dermatitis triggered by a reaction to makeup, contact lenses or lens solution or by transferring another allergen from your hands to your eyes. Use a pillow when you sleep. Keeping your head elevated above your body discourages fluid from accumulating in the eye area at night. Sleep on your back whenever possible. Chill and slice a cucumber and place the slices over your closed eyelids for ten minutes. Dip a cotton pad in ice water and wring out lightly. Place over your closed eyelids for up to ten minutes at a time. The cold will help constrict blood vessels and reduce swelling. Always remove all eye makeup before going to bed at night to keep the glands in the eyelids from becoming blocked. Cut down on your salt intake. Drink enough water. Place cold tea bags on your eyes for ten minutes. I hope this will help you.